Last Updated on
TL;DR – Where to buy Propionyl-L-Carnitine and why should you care?
NOW Foods GPLC GlycoCarn with CoQ10: Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine is a patented, bioavailable form of Carnitine. NOW Foods GPLC also has the benefit of added CoQ10 which further helps to support your cardiovascular health.
VitaCost GPLC (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine): This dietary supplement features a patented form of carnitine called GlycoCarn, which is molecularly bonded to glycine. It helps to reduce the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles and helps to promote sexual health in males.
Swanson GlycoCarn: The full strength 840mg GPLC caps bring you great value for money.
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine HCl, Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine Hydrochloride, L-carnitine Propionyl, LPC, PLC, Propionil-L-Carnitina, Propionylcarnitine. Call it whatever you like, it all comes down to the same thing.
Where to Buy Propionyl-L-Carnitine? – A complete Buying Guide
For those who are not sure about what Propionyl-L-Carnitine is and why it is required, here is a complete information about it:
What exactly is Propionyl-L-Carnitine?
Essentially, it’s an amino acid that is naturally produced in the body. If you need a refresher, Amino Acids are the building blocks of proteins so they are quite essential to normal and healthy bodily functions. You might have heard about L-carnitine before, which is also an amino acid and just happens to be chemically related to Propionyl-L-Carnitine. Your body can also convert L-Carnitine into Propionyl-L-Carnitine, but whether they have the same benefits remains a mystery. For now, it’s safe to assume that Propionyl-L-Carnitine should be treated as something totally different from regular L-Carnitine.
What functions does Propionyl-L-Carnitine have?
- It can be used for treating leg pains experienced in conditions such as Peripheral Vascular Disease (where the arteries harden up)
- Can be used to treat Congestive Heart Failure
- It can be used to treat Erectile Dysfunction along with other medication
- Can be used in conjunction with Acetyl-L-Carnitine to treat low testosterone levels as well as Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
So HOW does it work?
Propionyl-L-Carnitine helps the body with production of energy and helps improve blood circulation.
Are there side effects of taking Propionyl-L-Carnitine?
Although it is safe for most people to be taken orally or intravenously in some cases, it has been reported that some patients experience the following symptoms:
- Stomach Pain
- Chest Pain
- Fishy odor in breath, urine and sweat.
People who should avoid using Propionyl-L-Carnitine:
- Pregnant women
- Those with Hypothyroidism (underactive thyroid)
- Those with a history of seizures
Does Propionyl-L-Carnitine have any interactions with other medication?
- Consult your physician before taking GPLC if you are using Acenocoumarol (Sintrom) as it may have a mild interaction due to the fact that Sintrom slows down blood clotting while GPLC might increase the effects of Sintrom – which in turn might slow down blood clotting too much and result in bruising and bleeding.
- Warfarin (Coumadin) is another prescription medication that you shouldn’t ideally combine with a Propionyl-L-Carnitine supplement (or your physician might just want to change the dosage of your Warfarin). As with Sintrom, Warfarin is used to slow down blood clotting, and the Propionyl-L-Carnitine might cause your body to slow down clotting to such an extent that it ends up causing bruising and bleeding. You need to have your blood checked regularly if you are taking Warfarin in conjunction with GPLC.
So who SHOULD take it?
Scientific studies have shown that people with the following conditions could benefit from taking a Propionyl-L-Carnitine supplement:
- People with blood vessel disorders
- People with congestive heart failure and blood circulation problems
- People suffering from Peyronie’s disease
- Athletes in all sports seem to benefit from taking Propionyl-L-Carnitine because it increases the blood flow circulation, thus helping to reduce the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles. It has also been shown to remarkably improve the energy levels of athletes, up the ante when it comes to endurance and help reduce recovery time after a workout.
So how would one go about taking a supplement of Propionyl-L-Carnitine?
Propionyl-L-Carnitine is sold as Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine (also known as GPLC) in its supplement form. You’ll be able to find it at your local pharmacy or health care store. The emphasis on the idea behind this supplement is that it’s not a ready-to-go out-in-nature supplement, but rather a blend of the essential amino acids that all come together to create Propionyl-L-Carnitine.
Athletes from all sport divisions could really benefit from taking such because it’s great at helping the body to maintain optimal muscle function and generally assist with energy flow across the cell membranes.
There are numerous manufacturers of Propionyl-L-Carnitine on the market today; however we recommend any one of the following brands:
1. NOW Foods GPLC GlycoCarn with CoQ10
Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine is a patented, bioavailable form of Carnitine, which is an amino acid that plays an important role in muscle function through regulating energy flow across cell membranes during exercise. When you combine GlycoCarn with a healthy exercise routine, it significantly increases your body’s Nitric Oxide levels that in turn help to enhance blood flow to the muscles and other vital organs. Essentially, GPLC provides aerobic power thus supporting increased stamina, endurance and post workout recovery. NOW Foods GPLC also has the benefit of added CoQ10 which further helps to support your cardiovascular health.
2. VitaCost GPLC (Glycine Propionyl-L-Carnitine)
This dietary supplement features a patented form of carnitine called GlycoCarn, which is molecularly bonded to glycine. The supplement revs up your energy levels, acts as an antioxidant, encourages muscle strength as well as endurance, boost carbohydrate metabolism, helps to reduce the buildup of lactic acid in the muscles and helps to promote sexual health in males.
3. Jarrow Formulas GPLC
Jarrow Formulas brings you another alternative to getting your fix of GPLC, and their products have a long and trusted history. The 60 capsules will last you well over two months and you can rest assured that you’re taking a supplement from a company who has been trusted in the health care supplemental industry for years.
4. Swanson GlycoCarn
Swanson is another trusted name in the supplemental medical industry and their full strength 840mg GPLC caps bring you great value for money. Give your heart the good health head start that it deserves when working out, and try Swanson’s GlycoCarn today.
It doesn’t really matter which one you choose, but personally, we recommend the NOW Foods GPLC, simply because it brings you great value for money and essentially, has been around for a long time and is reputable as well as trusted manufacturer of high quality supplements. We have to mention the fact that the added CoQ10 that NOW Foods add to their GPLC just seals the deal for us!
Video for Where to Buy Propionyl-L-Carnitine
Our Review for Propionyl-L-Carnitine